Data protection statement
We want to use this data protection statement to inform you about the personal data that we collect when you use our website and the purpose for which we use the data.
1 Controller/contact details
The Controller in the sense of the data protection laws is:
HGK Shipping GmbH
If you have any questions or suggestions about data protection, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can reach our Data Protection Officer at:
Häfen und Güterverkehr Köln AG
Phone: +49 221/390-1060
2 Object of data protection
Personal data is what requires data protection. According to Article 4 No. 1 of the GDPR, this involves all the information related to an identified or identifiable natural person; this covers, e.g., names or even ID numbers.
3 Collecting and using your data
3.1 Automated data collection
When you access our website, your terminal device automatically transmits data for technical reasons. The following data – separate from the other data that you may send us – is stored:
- the date and time of your request,
- the browser that you are using (type and version),
- the operating system that you are using,
- the request method and pathway of the content requested,
- possibly the URL of the site, from which you reached our pages,
- the anonymised IP address and the domain name identified for your request,
- the hypertext version used for transferring the data,
- the quantity of data transferred.
This data is exclusively stored for technical reasons and is not assigned to a particular person at any time.
4 Passing on data
In principle, your personal data is only forwarded without your specific prior consent in the following cases:
- Personal data is forwarded to the criminal prosecution authorities and possibly to damaged third parties, if it is necessary to clarify any illegal use of our services or for criminal prosecution purposes. However, this only happens if specific indications exist with regard to illegal or abusive behaviour. Data can also be forwarded if this helps to enforce conditions of use or other agreements. We are also bound by the law to provide information to public bodies, if asked to do so. They involve criminal prosecution authorities, bodies that follow up administrative offences entailing fines and the tax authorities. This data is forwarded on the basis of our legitimate interest in combatting abuse, the prosecution of crimes and safeguarding, asserting and enforcing claims, provided that your rights and interests are not the overriding factor when protecting your personal data; cf. Article 6 Para. 1 f of the GDPR.
- We depend on contractually bound outside companies and external service providers (“contract processors”) to provide our services. In these cases, personal data is forwarded to these contract processors to enable them to further process it. We carefully select and regularly check these contract processors to ensure that your private sphere remains intact. The contract processors may only use the data for the purposes specified by us and are also obliged by an agreement with us to exclusively treat your data in line with this data protection statement and the German data protection laws.
In greater detail, we use the following contract processors:
- a web hosting provider (to make available the website)
Any forwarding of data to contract processors takes place on the basis of Article 28 Para. 1 of the GDPR, alternatively on the basis of our legitimate interest in the business and technical benefits associated with using specialist contract processors and provided that your rights and interests are not the overriding factor when protecting your personal data; cf. Article 6 Para. 1 f of the GDPR.
- As part of continuing to develop our business, it is possible that the structure of HGK Shipping may change – its legal form may change, subsidiaries, parts of the company or integral parts may be founded, purchased or sold. In these kinds of transactions, the customer information is passed on with the part of the company that is being transferred. Whenever personal data is forwarded to third parties in the manner described above, we ensure that this takes place in line with this data protection statement and the relevant data protection laws. Any possible forwarding of personal data is justified by the fact that we have a legitimate interest in adapting our company form to the business and legal circumstances, if required, and your rights and interests in protecting your personal data are not the overriding factor here; cf. Article 6 Para. 1 f of the GDPR.
6 Changes of purpose
Any processing of your personal data for purposes other than those described shall only take place if a legal provision allows this or you have consented to the change in purpose for the data processing. If processing takes place for other purposes than those for which the data was originally collected, we shall inform you about these changes in purpose before any processing takes place and make available to you all the relevant information associated with this.
7 Deleting your data
We delete or anonymise your personal data, as soon as it is no longer required for the purposes, for which we collected or used it according to the aforementioned paragraphs. We normally store your personal data, which is saved when you use this website, for as long as you have a user relationship with the website. Once these periods have expired, the data is deleted, provided that this data is not required for longer because of statutory retention periods, for criminal prosecution or to safeguard, assert or enforce our legal claims. If this is the case, the data is blocked. The data is then no longer available for further use.
8 Automated individual case decisions or measures for profiling
We do not use any automated processing operations to make a decision about you as a person.
9 Your rights as a data subject
9.1 The right to information
You have the right to obtain information about your personal data, which we process, at any time in line with Article 15 of the GDPR. You can either send an application by post or send an e-mail to the address mentioned above.
9.2 The right to have incorrect data corrected
You have the right to demand that we immediately correct any personal data concerning you, which may be incorrect. Please get in touch with the contact addresses mentioned above for this purpose.
9.3 The right to deletion
You have the right to demand that we delete any personal data concerning you if the conditions described in Article 17 of the GDPR apply. These conditions particularly envisage a right of deletion if the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes, for which it was collected or processed in some other way, or in cases of illegitimate processing, if an objection to this exists or there is a duty to delete it according to EU law or the law of the member state, to which we are subject. In other respects, cf. also paragraph 13 of this data protection statement on the period of time for storing data. Please get in touch with the aforementioned contact addresses to assert this right.
9.4 The right to restrict the processing
You have the right to demand that we restrict our processing activities, according to Article 18 of the GDPR. This right particularly applies to the period required to check the accuracy, if the accuracy of the personal data is disputed between the user and us, and if the user requests restricted processing instead of deletion when a right to deletion exists; it also applies if the data is no longer necessary for the purposes that we pursue, but the user requires it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if the successful exercising of an objection is still disputed between us and the user. In order to assert this right, please use the contact details mentioned above to get in touch with us.
9.5 The right to data portability
You have the right to obtain from us the personal data about yourself, which you have made available to us, in a structured, common, machine-readable format, according to Article 20 of the GDPR. In order to assert this right, please use the contact details mentioned above to get in touch with us.
9.6 The right to object
You have the right at any time to object to any processing of the personal data related to you, which, among other things, takes place on the basis of Article 6 Para. 1 e or f of the GDPR, for reasons arising from your personal situation, according to Article 21 of the GDPR. We shall halt the processing of your personal data, unless we can prove that we have compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing work, which override your interests, rights and liberties or the processing work enables us to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
9.7 The right to complain
You also have the right to contact the responsible supervisory authority if you have any complaints. The responsible supervisory authority is:
The State Data Protection and Freedom of Information Officer in North Rhine-Westphalia
10 Changes to this data protection statement
You can always gain access to the latest version of this data protection statement at: